Who doesn't love a chocolate chip cookie? The smell of chocolate chip cookies baking in the oven is pretty hard to beat. I have searched far and wide for the "perfect" chocolate chip cookie recipe. Up until now, I was pretty positive that no one could beat the Nestle Toll House recipe that is on the back of the chocolate chip bag. I promise you, though, that these cookies have done it! This recipe from Smitten Kitchen (Originally adapted from AllRecipes.com) is unreal. These cookies are moist, chewy in the middle and when you take your first bite you get that "perfect" crunch that you had been hoping for. So here it is people, the "perfect" choc-o-chip cookie!
You Will Need:
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1 Tbsp vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F
- Grease cookie sheets or line with parchment paper
- Sift together the flour, baking soda and salt; set aside.
- In a medium bowl, cream together the melted butter, brown sugar and white sugar until well blended
- Beat in the vanilla, egg, and egg yolk until light and creamy and mix in the sifted ingredients until just blended
- Stir in the chocolate chips by hand using a wooden spoon
- Drop cookie dough 1/4 cup at a time onto the prepared cookie sheets
- Cookies should be about 3 inches apart
- Bake for 13-15 minutes if your cookies are larger, or 10-12 minutes for smaller cookies
- I would check the cookies after 10 minutes just to be sure you don't overcook them!
- Cool on baking sheets for a few minutes before transferring to wire racks to cool completely.
|Makes 2 1/2 Dozen|