2.08.2011

Honey Roasted Sweet Potatoes


 
My favorite side dishes are usually anything and everything carb because ever since I was a little baby I couldn't seem to get enough of anything having to do with rice, pasta or potatoes. I found this simple and delicious recipe from the Food Network's Ellie Kreiger and it has become a staple in our house to serve in lieu of baked potatoes or my beloved couscous. The honey and olive oil makes these potatoes caramelize with the perfect sweet crisp.

 
You Will Need:
  • 2 pounds red-skinned sweet potatoes
  • 2 Tbsp olive oil
  • 2 Tbsp honey
  • 1 Tsp fresh lemon juice
  • 1/2 Tsp salt
 
Here We Go:
  • Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
  • Peel and cut the sweet potatoes into 1-inch pieces and put in a 9x13 baking dish (Ellie says to peel but almost every time that I have made these I don't peel cause the skin is so tasty)
  • In a small bowl whisk together olive oil, honey and lemon juice
  • Pour mixture over potatoes and toss to coat (I find it easier to shake ingredients in a Ziploc bag)
  • Sprinkle with the salt, and bake, stirring occasionally, for about 1 hour, until potatoes are tender

 
Serves 4
Happy Feasting!

 

No comments: