4.19.2011

Spinach and Artichoke Dip


Leave it to a significant other (men more than likely) to casually forget to tell you something. Something that might be as important as "Oh yeah, so we have this party to go to tonight and I said that we would bring an appetizer".

 
Key word = we

 
Well, most women know that we actually means you. Now, I know that there are some lucky ladies out there who have significant others who are wonderful cooks (you are very lucky)! I, on the other hand, was left to fend for myself. I wanted to make something that was relatively quick and was sure to be a crowd pleaser. I had remembered seeing a Spinach and Artichoke recipe on one of my favorite blogs, In Good Taste , and it seemed like a pretty solid appetizer with rave reviews. This dip definitely did not disappoint. I served it alongside Fritos Scoops and Pita Chips which seemed to be a success since there was nothing left to bring home!

You Will Need:
  • 8 oz reduced-fat cream cheese, softened
  • 8 oz fat-free cream cheese, softened
  • 2 cups shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
  • 1/2 cup far-free or reduced-fat sour cream
  • 1 15-oz can artichoke hearts, rinsed and roughly quartered
  • 10 oz frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained of excess moisture
  • 1/2 cup parmigiana reggiano cheese
  • Salt and pepper to taste

Here We Go:
  • Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
  • Combine first six ingredients by hand using a wooden spoon or spatula
  • Add 1/4 cup of parmigiana cheese and spread dip into a baking dish (I used 8x8)
  • Top with the rest of the parmigiana
  • Bake 40-45 minutes or until cheese on top is brown and bubbly
  • Serve with crackers, french bread, Fritos Scoops or Pita Chips

Happy Feasting!

5 comments:

Tes said...

Your spinach and artichoke dip looks so gooey and melting. It sounds so delicious and perfect for the party :)

SomethingDifferentForDinner said...

YUUUUMMM!!!! This looks so good! I'm going to give this recipe a try. Look for it on my blog, very soon. Maybe even right now, i'm starvin'!! Happy Tuesday. *Kelly

Kate@Diethood said...

One of my favorite dips, hands down! I love this stuff!! I would love to dip into it right about now. :) Delicious!

Susi's Kochen und Backen said...

I always love this dip when it is served at a party, but rarely make it myself. I think I need to change that :o) Looks good!

Maris said...

I'm so glad the dip was a hit! I've never once made that for a crowd and had leftovers.

Thanks for the link love! :)