8.30.2012

BLAT on French with Spicy Chipotle Mayonnaise


This beauty came to me during my lunch hour while I sifted through my fridge to see what I could possibly make in a hurry. I adore BLAT sandwiches (aka Bacon, Lettuce, Avocado and Tomato) and knew that the chipotle mayonnaise would surely spice up my workday lunch. I think next time I will add a bit more kick to the mayo but this was still the perfect, quick, lunchtime sammie. I used turkey bacon instead of pork bacon and it was still fabulous.
 
Adapted from Pinch My Salt
 
You Will Need for the BLAT:
  • 2 slices french bread, toasted
  • A few slices of thinly sliced smoked turkey
  • 3 slices of tomato
  • 3 slices of avocado
  • Several pieces of iceberg lettuce
  • Generous spoonful of spicy chipotle mayonnaise
  • 2 slices turkey bacon, cooked
  •  
You Will Need for the Mayonnaise:
  • 2 Tbsp mayonnaise
  • 1/4 tsp chipotle chile powder
  • 1 tsp fresh squeezed lime juice
  • 2 tsp fresh chopped parsley
 
Here We Go for the Mayonnaise:
  • Whisk all ingredients together in small bowl and stir
 
Here we Go for the BLAT:
  • Spread spicy mayonnaise generously on both sides of toasted french bread
  • Layer turkey, tomato, lettuce, avocado and turkey bacon on one half of bread
  • Take other half of bread and place on top of sandwich  
  • Cut in half and enjoy
  •  
Makes 1 BLAT
Happy Feasting!
 
 
 

1 comment:

Katie said...

Try arugula or spinach instead of iceberg; it adds a nice spice to the sandwich in addition to chipotle. Has great antioxidants and age fighting benefits!