11.03.2011

Slow Cooker Beef Chili

I have been asked for more slow cooker favorites this Fall. It warms my heart because I love my slow cooker and how easy these type of recipes are to make.  I got into my car Monday morning and the thermometer read 37 degrees! It is finally safe to say that we are officially in soup, stew and chili season - hooray! I made this batch of chili in my slow cooker and served it with warm cornbread. It is hearty enough to eat by itself but also is the perfect topper to a hot dog or burger. Mix in shredded cheddar cheese and sour cream for an even tastier chili. Note: I decided to make this a bean-less chili but you can always throw in a can of kidney, black or pinto beans if your heart desires.

Adapted from Allrecipes.com

 You Will Need:
  • 2 lbs ground beef
  • 2 Tbsp Olive oil
  • 2 (14.5 oz) cans diced tomatoes, un-drained
  • 1 (8 oz) can tomato sauce
  • 2 medium onions, chopped
  • 1 green pepper, chopped
  • 1 yellow pepper, chopped
  • 2 cloves garlic, minced
  • 2 Tbsps chili powder
  • 2 tsps salt
  • 1 tsp pepper
  • Shredded Cheddar cheese and sour cream for topping

Here We Go:

  • In a skillet, heat olive oil over medium heat
  • Cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain
  • Transfer to a slow cooker
  • Add the next nine ingredients
  • Cover and cook on low for 8-10 hours or on high for 4 hours
  • Garnish individual servings with cheese and sour cream if desired
              
Makes 10 Servings
Happy Feasting!
 

No comments: