5.09.2011

Curry Chicken Salad



As I have mentioned before, I am always searching for new lunch ideas. It is important to me to be able to keep lunch at the office somewhat exciting. I love making various salads (tuna, chicken and egg) at the beginning of the week and then being able to quickly grab some in the morning to eat with crackers, on top of a salad or in a sandwich. This curry chicken salad is easy and quick thanks to the pre-cooked rotisserie chicken. If you are not a curry fan, omit the curry powder altogether and just make good ole' regular chicken salad.

You Will Need:
  • 1 whole rotisserie chicken, shredded
  • 2 stalks celery, sliced 1/4 inch thick
  • 1/4 cup pine nuts
  • 1/4 cup golden raisins
  • 3/4 cup fuji apple, diced
  • 3/4 cup seedless red grapes, halved
  • 1/2 cup miracle whip or light mayonaise
  • 1 1/2 tsp curry powder
  • salt and pepper to taste

Here We Go:
  • Place first six ingredients into large bowl
  • Add miracle whip or mayonaisse and mix together with wooden spoon
  • Add curry power and continue to mix
  • Serve atop a bed of lettuce or with bread

Happy Feasting!

5 comments:

Mary Bergfeld said...

This really sounds good and you couldn't have made it any easier for us. I'm relatively new here but always enjoy my visits. You've created a lovely spot for your readers to visit and I enjoy the time I spend here. I hope you have a great day. Blessings...Mary

Maris (In Good Taste) said...

What an awesone summer dish! Love the grapes in it!

Maris (In Good Taste) said...

What an awesone summer dish! Love the grapes in it!

Tiffany said...

This looks great... I made a vegan version (w/curry and grapes and pea shoots) a few weeks back! Great flavors!

The Harried Cook said...

Sounds & looks really yummy... I love a good, simple chicken salad... Thanks for sharing :)