3.10.2011

BBQ Chicken Pizza with Smoked Gouda and Caramelized Onions


Has anyone tried the new Domino's pizza crust and sauce (well, I guess it isn't all that new anymore)? Not gonna lie, it is pretty freaking good! I used to be a Domino's hater (or rather a Papa John's lover) but I might be a convert after trying their new and improved pizza. The best part about ordering Domino's delivery is the pizza tracker! You can go online and add whatever toppings and sauce you want. They then tell you exactly when your pizza is being created, placed in the oven, quality checked and finally out the door on its way to you! What does this BBQ pizza have to do with Domino's? Not too much, but this pizza is pretty amazing and could beat any delivery pizza any day of the week!

You Will Need:
  • 1 ball of pizza dough (I prefer Whole Foods)
  • 1 1/4 cups BBQ sauce 
  • 1/2 of a 12oz bag of mozzarella cheese
  • 1/2 sweet onion, cut into thin strips
  • 1/4 cup smoked gouda, finely grated
  • 1 bonless chicken breast, cut into small cubes
  • 2 Tbsp olive oil

Here We Go:
  • Preheat oven to 500 degrees F
  • Roll out dough using your hands or a rolling pin if you have one
  • Heat 1 Tbsp olive oil in small skillet and cook chicken 7-10 minutes, or until no longer pink and set aside
  • Heat remaining Tbsp of olive oil in skillet and saute onions for roughly 10 minutes, or until clear and caramelized
  • Place dough on pizza stone or baking sheet
  • Top dough with bbq sauce, cheeses, chicken and onion
  • Bake for 10-12 minutes on top rack, or until golden brown


Yields 8 slices (depending on size of pizza)
Happy Feasting!
 

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You had me at pizza LOL Love the recipe!

Kate said...

Haha! I am the exact same way about pizza. No matter what the toppings, I'll take it :-)

Alexis said...

I think I am going to make this for dinner tonight. Do you think it would be OK if I eliminated the gouda?

Kate said...

Hi Alexis, I think it would still be great if you eliminated the smoked gouda. You will miss out on that smokey flavor but I know the pizza will still be tasty!