2.14.2011

Chocolate Covered Strawberries

Why is it that chocolate covered strawberries are so expensive? I just got an email from Godiva (yes, I am on their email list) and you could pre-order your strawberries for Valentine's Day. They were trying to sell me six large strawberries for $42! I think that is absolutely absurd and instead I have some great news for you guys! This recipe for chocolate sauce is so easy and is perfect for dipping any kind of fruit or even topping ice cream. So save yourself the money and make your own v-day strawberries!

You Will Need:
  • 1 Package Nestle Toll House Morsels
  • 1 Tbsp Vanilla Extract
  • 1 Stick of unsalted butter

Here We Go:
  • Melt all ingredients in small saucepan over low heat
  • Stir constantly to avoid the chocolate sticking
  • Dip strawberries into chocolate and cool on wax paper
















  • Let cool for one hour or until chocolate has hardened (can also put in refrigerator to expedite cooling)
  • Note: Leftover chocolate sauce can be stored in refrigerator for up to 1 month

Happy Feasting!

2 comments:

Eftychia said...

This is an easy and delicious dessert. My son loves strawberries and chocolate, so I think this will be excellent for him...

Kate said...

This chocolate sauce is also great on other types of fruit and hardens perfectly when poured over ice cream. I bet your son would love that too :-)